These are the Top-7 reasons a mobile website is no longer optional for business (as posted by Jennifer Gaines). If you need more reasons, just keep track of your own mobile habits!
- 51% of business travelers use mobile devices to get travel information. (Google/OTX, The Traveler’s Road to Decision, 2011)
- 70% of all smartphone owners use their mobile device while they’re shopping. (Google/OTX, The Mobile Movement, U.S., 2011)
- By 2015, more Americans will access the Internet on their mobile device than on their PC. (IDC, 2011)
- Users expect their mobile experience to be as good as their desktop experience. (Compuware, What Users Want from Mobile, 2011)
- Users take action on mobile-friendly sites. 1 in 5 website visits lead to an immediate call to the business. (DudaMobile Internal Data, 2011
- There are 7 billion people in the world. About 2 billion people are connected to the Internet. And 1 billion have smartphones where they can (and will) access the mobile web. (Eric Schmidt MWC Feb. 2012)
- You risk losing business if you don’t have a mobile site. Nearly 2 in 3 users are unlikely to return to a mobile site where they had trouble and 40% said they’d visit a competitor’s mobile site instead. (Compuware, 2010)